How to time your decisions right
There’s science to prove that timing your actions correctly is crucial
Is there a good time to leave a job, join one, divorce a spouse, or get into a relationship? Although each of these situations seems beyond our control, Daniel H. Pink begs to differ in When: The Scientific Secrets Of Perfect Timing (Canongate Books, ₹499). Using data and scientific research, the best-selling writer lays out some cardinal principles by which we can judge the time to engage in a particular activity. Our days, says Pink, are structured in three tiers: peak, trough and recovery. This pattern, he argues, determines the chances of our success and affects our capacity for decision making. Sounds improbable? You are in for a surprise.
A weekly guide to a better you at work, home and life.
MORE FROM THIS SECTIONview all
FIRST PUBLISHED05.07.2020 | 09:40 AM IST
- How food tech in India evolved beyond Swiggy and Zomato
- The week in tech: Cool new Android features, a pebble-shaped phone and more
- ‘The Beatles: Get Back’ sets the band's record straight
- These sex shops in Brazil are safe spaces for Evangelicals
- Can economically independent women have an equal marriage?